Image © Marlene Turner
Spinach Dip in a Bread Bowl
Course: Breads, Cakes & Pastries
- For Spinach Dip:
- 1 box frozen chopped spinach - thawed drained and excess liquid squeezed
- 3 oz sour cream
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- Black pepper to taste
- Small piece of habanero roughly chopped
- 1/4 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 sprig scallion roughly chopped
- For Bread Bowl:
- 1 loaf of bread use what you like
Make the spinach dip: place all ingredients for the spinach dip in a food processor and blend. Taste and adjust, as needed. Transfer to a bowl, cover and place in the refrigerator.
Make the bread bowl: cut off the top of loaf and reserve. Hollow out the middle of loaf to create a bowl shape, leaving a thick enough wall.
Assemble: place bread bowl on a plate or platter and pour in the dip.
Serve with the reserved bread or raw vegetables (carrots, celery cauliflower, etc).