By Jackie Fraser-Dunfield/Image © Jackie Fraser-Dunfield
Spicy Jerk BBQ Wings
- For the Sauce:
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup tomato ketchup
- 2 Tbsp. vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. smoked paprika
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- For the Chicken Wings:
- 30 chicken wings tips removed, rinsed and patted dry
- 2 Tbsp. jerk spice mix pre-seasoning for chicken
- 4 scallions thinly sliced on the diagonal, for garnish (optional)
- Mix all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce together. Cover and set aside.
Mix all of the ingredients for the BBQ sauce together. Cover and set aside.
Place the chicken wings in a bowl and rub each piece with the jerk spice mix. Set aside.
Turn on the grill and allow to become hot.
Once heated, place chicken wings on the grill and let cook for 5 to 10 minutes.
Once cooked, coat the wings completely with BBQ sauce, turn and let cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until browned to your liking.
Remove from heat and garnish with scallion, if desired.
Serve with a cool ranch dressing and garlic bread, if desired.