Image © Sarina Bland
“While chocolate in all forms is irresistible, the addition of cassava to this chocolate pudding brings heft and decadence. Licking your spoon is not optional, it is mandatory.” – Sarina Bland, TriniGourmet
- 1 ½ cups cassava cubed
- 2 cups chocolate almond milk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 14-oz can cream of coconut
- 1/2 cup bittersweet chocolate grated
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 4 dashes Angostura bitters
Blend cassava with 1/2 cup chocolate almond milk until liquified.
Pour liquid into a medium saucepan with remaining chocolate almond milk over medium heat until it’s a slight simmer. Add sugar, coconut cream and salt.
Reduce heat to low, whisk constantly until mixture thickens (approx. 15 minutes). Whisk in chocolate and bitters.
Remove from heat. Serve garnished with added grated chocolate and desiccated coconut.
- If you have a sweet tooth you definitely want to use Cream of Coconut but for a more muted finish substitute with sweetened coconut milk. - Pair with a Tawny Port for an extra-special finish.