“In Guyanese cuisine, chickpeas are prepared in a variety of ways. It is my favourite type of bean and I am always trying to find new and exciting ways to prepare them.” – Alica Ramkirpal-Senhouse, The Inner Gourmet
- 2 15.5 oz cans garbanzo beans
- 1 cucumber seeds removed and diced
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion or to suit your taste
- 2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. white distilled vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup olive oil
Drain and rinse garbanzo beans, place in a large mixing bowl. Add cucumber, onions and parsley to beans.
Make dressing by whisking together vinegar, salt and pepper then whisking in oil. Pour dressing over beans and toss. Refrigerate for 1 hour before serving.
Salt does not dissolve in oil so always mix it with the acid (vinegar, lime juice) first, to dissolve, before adding oil for salad dressings.